Unlocking Innovative Thinking
Unlocking Innovative Thinking teaches participants how to understand our innate innovative thinking process and utilize tools and techniques for innovative problem solving. Participants will define innovative thinking and gain an understanding of the physiology of the brain and the basic function of innovative/creative thinking. They will also discover the mental locks to innovation. A problem solving model is then introduced, to help learners overcome the mental locks they identify. Participants will then take the C.A.R.E. profile and learn what role they best play in the innovative problem solving process. This course will focus on identifying problems proactively, correctly stating identified problems, identifying causes and innovative solutions, and action planning.
- Define innovative thinking
- Recognize the innovative thought process
- Identify common mental locks
- Utilize a four-step problem solving model to overcome common mental locks.
- Team Dimensions Profile® (Identify your contribution to creativity.)
- Paper Airplane: A Lesson for Flying Outside the Box
Course Duration: This course is an eight-hour course.